CASE STUDY: LEAN DIAGNOSTIC AND PROCESS DOCUMENTATION
90 PROCESSES ROLLED OUT
16 NEW PROCESSES DESIGNED
- Novanta had deployed the implementation of a new ERP system. During the programme, the
process documentation delivered was substandard and left the business at risk.
- The business felt they were not using the new system as effectively as possible and
there was deviation in processes against the global template.
- Due to the lack of documentation and deviation to processes the auditors raised it as a risk against
internal compliance review.
- Proservartner was brought in to provide Oracle process specialist in Finance to host LEAN
diagnostic reviews on all the finance processes O2C, P2P, R2R and Inventory Management
- The team redesigned the current processes to leverage best practice and maximising Oracle
- After the redesigning and sign off of the processes, the team developed the standard operating
procedures and rolled out the training to the respective teams
- Strategies were defined and deployed to ensure compliance to process and documentations are
regularly reviewed, tested and updated
- Over 100 waste elements and over 100 improvement opportunities were identified through the
- A further 16 processes were identified as gaps and new processes were designed and
implemented, including intercompany postings, weekly material costings reviews and
deactivation of master data
- Over 90 processes were documented and rolled out to the business in a 5 week period
- Increased compliance to global standards, resulting in reduced risk to business continuity
- The exercise mitigated the auditors finding faults