CASE STUDY: P2P HARMONISATION
€3.3M TOTAL SAVINGS
ROI IN 19 MONTHS
OVER 100 IMPROVEMENTS
- Avis Budget Group were incurring high costs in finance through disparate use of systems, complex country requirements and huge inefficiencies within their processes.
- They had started an automation transformation but were not leveraging technology to it’s potential. In some cases business units were using facsimile still and it was common to still receive hand-written forms.
- Avis Budget Group had no visibility into what SSC industry standards were and how they were performing against the medians.
- Proservartner was brought into detect areas for improvement in people, process, technology, service management and organisation, leveraging our Rapid Lean Diagnostic methodology.
- The team benchmarked the performance of the P2P department against industry quartiles and outlined
remediation activities to align performance to industry standards.
- Then, we provided a balanced set of metrics to aid management decision making and to highlight
where mitigation or tactical action plans were needed.
- Over 200 wastes and over 100 correlating improvements were identified, resulting in a reduction of 50 FTE from the current P2P headcount
- A business case with a 19 month payback period, including cost for investment, programme management and technology
- A run rate of annualised savings of €955K post implementation
- 5 year cumulative savings of €3.3m